Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'm here, finally.


Home, sweet home. I arrived in Costa Rica yesterday around 2:30 in the afternoon. Marsha, who will be my roommate for the next month, picked me up at the airport. We went home so I could get unpacked and settled in. There is currently a team here from Maine. It was nice to sort of jump in with some activity going on. This first picture is the front porch at the house I'm living in.


Today, I'm just relaxing and getting acclimated. The weather is about 80 degrees, but not humid at all (sorry to all the Ohio people that just read that).


Here is the view from the house. The barrio that you are looking at is Los Anonos which is the community that I'll be working in.

From the house, you can see mountains and an active volcano.

The house is really nice that I'm living in. There are five bedrooms and four bathrooms, a great kitchen, several living areas, plenty of hammocks to lounge around in, and porches with great views. We also have a guard dog, Biscuit.

This morning I was awakened by the "egg-man". This is the guy that walks through the barrio selling eggs early in the morning. I think he must use a megaphone of some sorts because he was very loud! He's like an alarm clock with no snooze button. Oh well, work has to start sometime.

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

HEY! i want my money back so i can use it to send ME there! how beautiful...it's awesome that you have an opportunity to do this for 6 months!!! you will be missed in ohio, but ah well. live it up!