Sunday, March 9, 2008

Teaching English

On Mondays and Wednesdays, I go with my roommate Marsha to the school in Los Anonos. In the mornings there is a kindergarten class of about 30 students; in the afternoon there are about 20 preschool students. Marsha gives them lessons in English to help them learn another language and get a perspective on a different culture. This past week they were learning colors, body parts, and animals. We had a lot of fun doing the song, "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." The kids are SO cute!!! Like every class in America, there are the really sweet girls and rowdy boys. Ha!

Sometimes the children try to speak to me and I have no idea what they are saying. I feel so dumb not being able to understand a four-year-old. Thus, I will begin intensely learning Spanish in two weeks with my teacher, Xenia. She will be with me for two hours a day, four days a week. I'm excited to get started!!!


No comments: