Sunday, March 30, 2008

Los Animales

Not only does being in a different part of the world bring a new language, it brings new creatures too. Okay, I guess not new creatures, but definitely ones that I'm not so accustomed to seeing on a daily basis.

First of all, DOGS! There are dogs all over the place. Pets, strays, big, little, fat, mangy, nice, mean... oh, and dogs that attack me! We were doing a home visit last week and upon being let in the front gate to the home, the youngest boy was holding down a dog. Unfortunately, he wasn't holding on tight enough and the dog got away and attacked my foot, biting me on top of my sandal. The dog didn't break any skin, but my foot sure did hurt! Here's an example of what most of the dogs look like:



While doing some produce deliveries for Funda Vida, we came across this man and his "pets" traveling down the road. Yep, right in the middle of town.



You know how birds will run into your windows at home? Well, we had a humming bird INSIDE the house trying to get out through the window. Here is me taking him outside:



Second attack: Although this one I'm sure didn't do it on purpose, it wasn't comfortable when my foot found him inside my shoe yesterday morning. I'm sure glad I had socks on for some cushion.

1 comment:

pcoley said...

It was good to hear some news. I'll pray for the family - it is amazing how some have to live just to survive. Sounds like Jesus is working through you - so exciting. How is the Spanish coming? Are you able to communicate a little?

I remember seeing a large lizard on the sidewalk in Quepos. It is different!