Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Blah, blah, blah.

I knew it would happen sooner or later, and I was hoping for later. I got a stomach virus. It isn't anything that warrants a visit to the doctor, but rather just a dozen visits a day to the restroom (sorry to those of you with a weak stomach reading this).

At first, I thought it was just my body adjusting to the new diet and bacterias in the water. However, my roommate had a similar experience on Sunday and my symptoms match almost exactly. We're hoping no one else in the house catches it!

I was out of commission yesterday for any work that needed done, and I didn't make it to the English lesson at the Kindergarten class this morning. So, I stayed inside and was able to get some house chores down at the very least. However, I'm hoping to be back up and running to help set-up for the children's ministry program tonight. They are always short on hands, so I'm going to do my best to tough it out.

Being sick while not at home makes me realize how many things I take for granted: easy access to medicine, a bed that I'm super comfortable in, Blockbuster down the street, and Simply Orange orange juice.

3 comments:

stevenjames said...

yogurt!!!! or acidophilus (sp?) pills that you can buy.

those help "regulate" things if it's less than a bug--perhaps even help tame a bug as well..

good luck!

Holli said...

I was on the BRATY diet, so I did do yogurt. All back to normal now. :-)

FYI... BRATY diet (if you didn't know) is Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast, and Yogurt. I picked rice and yogurt. Yum!

pcoley said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. I have been watching your blog and praying for you. Such an exciting time.