Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cindy

The last, but certainly not least, person that I would like to introduce you to is Cindy. She is our rock here at Harvest Hands. Cindy keeps things under control, knows what's going on when things seem like they could get crazy, and keeps us in good spirits.

There's no doubt that part of keeping us in good spirits is due to her fabulous cooking! Cindy can cook up anything... really. We will eat vegan much of the time, especially when teams aren't here. So, we eat very healthy and tasty! Asian dishes are some of her specialties, as well as great Costa Rican meals. You can't do a short-term trip here and think that you will lose any weight - there's just too much great food!

While we are all still in the process of learning Spanish, Cindy has it down the best. When the phone rings or someone comes to the door, we give it our best shot. However, usually Cindy is called to the scene to clear up any uncertainties in translation.

She is a nurturer, encourager, great supporter and always looks out for our best interest... as a team, a family, and in doing ministry. Her faithfulness and dedication to any task is an amazing example. Cindy, I will miss you dearly!!!

4 comments:

Amy Sheets said...

Cindy is the best! She is such an encourager and great woman of God.
I have been extremely blessed to call her a friend and my sister in Christ. She is amazing - thanks for sharing about her!

Anonymous said...

Hello Cindy!xoxoxoxoxo

Harvest Hands Los Anonos said...

And I will miss you, Holli!

Anonymous said...

I want to personally thank Rodney and Cindy. I am Holli's Mom and I know she loves Rodney and Cindy. I thank the two of you for being there for her (physically, emotionally and spiritually) and I truly hope I get to meet the two of you and thank you in person. I am so proud of Holli. You is such a special young lady. I know she loves what all of you are able to accomplish in Costa Rica and my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I can't wait to see you Holli! 9 days, but whose counting! God Bless all of You! Love you more! Mom