Friday, May 1, 2009

It's been awhile...

I hear people say, "I never thought a [insert span of time] ago that I'd be here." Here, implying, a situation or circumstance or who they've become. I've been saying this recently.

Now, the thing is, is that when people say this it can go both ways... positive or negative. All around me people are being laid off from their jobs, moving, getting engaged/married, having babies, grieving someone or a relationship, etc.

For me, it seems everything is new. A year ago I was in Costa Rica, and I never thought that I would be here. Here, meaning... blogging again, living with my dad until I can move until my first apartment by myself next month, volunteering at the free medical clinic, having experienced love and heartbreak, still learning Spanish, and not thinking about moving back to Costa Rica as soon as I can.

Where I will be when this month rapidly ends, I don't know. I'm hoping that I will have grown as a person, learned more about myself, and learned more about who Jesus is.

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

yea! the holli blog is baa-aaccck!

i like it. & yea, i never thought i would be here, in westerville!

another yea for the holli blog being back.