Monday, July 7, 2008

Columbus Team

I'm sitting in the dining room right now listening to the youth team from Vineyard Columbus. They are in the living room going around the room and sharing what they are thankful for from each of the other people on the team. There is a lot to be said for each of them, and that is an understatement.

This team is led by Chris and Chantelle Traut, and Brett Evans. I am thankful to this team for a number of reasons. It was Chris Traut who last year invited me to assist him with leading the first youth missions trip to Los Anonos. It was through that amazing experience that brought me back here now. I am so thankful to have a team here from my home church... my extended family. Katie McConnell and Gabe Botkin are the only non-rookies on the team and it is sweet to see how God has given them so much compassion for the people in this community. I hope that there will be more repeaters next year.

Tomorrow, the team is traveling to Jaco for their one day off at the beach. I will be traveling to Pennsylvania to represent Harvest Hands at the Vineyard Eastern Region Pastors' Conference. I am sad that I will miss spending the remainder of the week with this team. However, I am pleased that I will have this opportunity to share with others the ministry that is occuring here.

To Vineyard Columbus: "I thank my God every time I remember you." - Phillipians 1.3

1 comment:

pcoley said...

Loved the pictures of the volcano in Nicaragua. What an experience for you. Also loved the utube video - God can really use those human videos - that is so neat! God speed and be safe. Hope you have/had a happy birthday - don't know when it is. We'll have to have a big welcome back party for you!