Thursday, May 1, 2008

Holidays

I think there has been at least four holidays here in Costa Rica since I arrived on March 1st. One of them being Holy Week for Easter. Ticos looove to celebrate!

Today is another holiday... I think it is Labor Day. The schools are closed, government offices are closed, ... oh, and the trash that is now setting out in a huge downpour as I type this blog is not getting picked up today. Whoops. Another thing, winter is starting here (perhaps today) and is characterized by daily afternoon rains. It's a good excuse to take a nap... thunder and a holiday (typed as I yawn).

Last night there were a lot of people out having a good time... I was unaware since I sleep like a log, but Rodney and Cindy told me that they saw lines outside of bars as they were driving to the airport to pick up a friend.

I wish we had this many holidays in the States. Or, maybe I'll just have to move to Costa Rica permanently. Hmmm...

3 comments:

pcoley said...

You sound like my husband. He says we have to move to Costa Rica if Hilliary Clinton gets elected - I'm not sure whether to vote that way and encourage people to do so so that we can move or not. : )

Not really. But, Costa Rica is captivating and the pace is slower. No worries. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Holli,
I sure love reading about all your adventures! Can you believe that the time is going so fast?!
Keep enjoying every moment!

Love ya!
Pat

Anonymous said...

I'm moving to Costa Rica too if Hilary is elected - yikes! Plus I bet it never snows there which would be fine with me. Holli, we miss you at work and no, you can't move to Costa Rica without me!

Karen Kindron