Monday, February 18, 2008

Passport Frenzy

I moved out of my apartment over the weekend. I was sad to say goodbye to my friend, Christina. We had lived together for over three years. I'm going to miss her a lot.

Now I'm living for a few days at Veronica's home, out of my suitcases. I almost had a panic attack Sunday evening... I couldn't find my passport! I just kept thinking of all the bags of trash I took out and wondering how I would ever find it. It was packed away in one of my bags among things that I should have never put it with. There should be a manual for how one goes about moving out of the country short-term. I can follow directions well, but figuring stuff out on my own is somewhat comedic.

I'm not superstitious, but I keep having these thoughts that I'm going to break my leg right before I leave. Everything has gone so well in the preparation process that I keep thinking something bad is going to happen. Raising support went much better than I expected. My goal was to raise 40% of my entire budget; I've raised over 50%. :-) My work is allowing me to come back to the same job that I have now upon returning. And, I have a living situation already set up when I come back. It's all gone so smooth and I'm AMAZED! I am really thankful to God because I believe it is Him that has put this opportunity before me.

No comments: