Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm being careful.

With that said, I have experienced two incidents of attempted robbery in the past week. I'm fine; nothing was taken. Both occured when Rebecca and I were in downtown San Jose walking to the buses to go home.

Incident #1: I have a bookbag on with many components. I hear a zipper opening. I look back and no one is there... I guess they are fast. If they would have taken anything from the component they opened, they would have only gotten my glasses, deodorant, and some Q-tips.

Incident #2: I am walking along with my semi-new Cheers purse. I hear a knife cut through fabric. I look at my purse and find a slit in the side of it about seven inches long. Fortunately, nothing fell out before I was able to grab it. If they would have gotten anything this time, it could have been my wallet, digital camera, keys, or my coveted Spanish 501 Verbs book.

I'm lucky. Well, I don't believe in luck actually. I was fortunate, and perhaps protected. And I'll travel lighter now. Oh, and I sewed up my purse; it will survive.

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

geez oh man, holli! good thing i taught you all i know when it comes to self defense. :o)