Monday, June 2, 2008

Allow me to introduce...

I thought it would be good to introduce you to "my team" or my family here at Harvest Hands. So, unless something else pressing happens, you will be introduced to Rebecca, Cindy, and Rodney (not necessarily in that order). First Rebecca...

Rebecca Grace Dunning (aka Becca) is my roommate at Harvest Hands. She arrived mid-April from North Carolina. Rebecca is 25 and a graduate from Appalachian State University in international politics. She used to work in a refugee office in the States and would like to return working with displaced peoples upon her return next April. She has a passion for assisting others and putting herself in other's shoes while here learning a new language and culture.

On the lighter side: she is a lover of words, capable of driving a standard, wears fashion that I prefer over that of Sarah Jessica Parker, can make a killer chayote squash soup, has introduced me to Flight of the Conchords, and well basically... her hair says it all. We are a good team. She excels at teaching the children English in the Kinder and being brave enough to attempt speaking Spanish with everyone. I'm grateful for her contribution to the team and her friendship.


No comments: