Monday, December 7, 2009

Frustration from movies & television

Here are some items that have been getting me frustrated lately:

1. Capitalism: A Love Story. This was Michael Moore's latest film, and only the second one by him that I've seen (the first was Bowling for Columbine). I'm not a huge supporter of Moore, but he does shed light on some interesting information that you don't hear about in mainstream media. The movie is a good one. I would recommend seeing it. So, pair it up with what continues to happen in our current economy and you'll see why it's frustrating.

2. Food, Inc. This documentary is about the food industry in America. So pathetic. I know and have known for years that what typically makes up the American diet isn't the most nutritious offering, but this film will just make you sick. Don't even get me started on the political side of it all. Just last evening, Aaron and I ate at Five Guys Burgers for the first time. They proudly displayed that "today's potatoes" were from Idaho. Do potatoes really need to travel ~1,750 miles to get to us?

3. A&E: Intervention and Hoarders. These two shows are great. Depressing too. They really shed light on addictions and the subsequent affects on family and friends. These shows get me frustrated because of how they show others as enablers and how quick we are to judge when we shouldn't.

There is, however, a remedy for my frustration with all this "entertainment". It's called The Office. Thursday evenings at 9 p.m. Nothing but laughter.

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

i didn't even see that you had posted recently! yea!

i need to watch these two documentaries. interesting thoughts. but on the flip side, when people who previously lived in idaho go to five guys' & see that it's from idaho we can feel all giddy inside. but yes, my grandpa does grow & sell potatoes & he only lives 80 miles from here. :o) you know.